Thursday, September 3, 2009

So here i am blogging...Shocked??

Okay, so it's definitely been a good couple of months since i have blogged...i don't really have any excuse at all for it except i have been pretty busy!!! I finished up nannying Abbigael and Kathleen on the 11th of august and i thought to myself...what am i going to do with all my time now?? i was with those girls like 24/7! well it felt like it anyway...it was more like 9/5 which with them is like times 2. ha ha, i love em tho. Anyway, so i was planning on picking back up with respite and hab just like i normally do during the school year...and that was the plan! Then all of a sudden two of my kids ended up not needing me this semester...which basically cut my hours to nothing..so i had to find myself another job. Well, since this was the only job that i have had since i was a senior in highschool, i figured i would venture out and try something new! for those you who know me well know that this new job that i got into definitely doesn't really fit my personality...so here it is:
Vector Marketing. yes, that's right...i sell cutco! ha ha. it's high quality kitchen cutlery and a few outdoor items for those of you who don't know what cutco is. The product is amazing, but like i said...for those of you who know me, know that i am definitely not a salesperson by any means. The reason i decided to try this company out is because i get paid just to show cutco, even if the person doesn't buy anything...and seeing that i am not a pushy person at all, this is good! cuz i still get a paycheck, and if they do buy then it's like a bonus! ha ha. anyway, so i'm trying it out...i've been doing it for about a month and i actually haven't done too bad! so we'll see how it goes, and i'm definitely trying to work on my communication skills so i figure this could definitely help me!

So that was job #1...here's job #2
I am an AVID tutor at Carson Jr. Highschool...let me just tell you, this defintiely fits me more...especially since i am going into education, i figure it is a really good way to get my name out there in the mesa public schools for when i graduate! Of course i want to teach little little ones that don't back talk all the time, but i do enjoy my job! i was a little scared at first, not gonna lie...carson isn't really in the best neighborhood, but i really haven't had any problems so far! this kids are pretty good and actually want to learn. yeah they can be pretty smart alecky, of course...they are in jr high, but i just think about how much fun jr high was for me. i think one of my favorite years of school was 9th grade. it was a blast!! Anyway...i'm sure by the end of the year i will have a TON of stories from this job :)
Job #3
I still do respite with Kathryn...it's not a ton of hours but i do love my job! i can't let go..and hopefully by next semester i can start working with cameron again...he's my little buddy for sure and i miss him! he's probably the sweetest little kid ever...there definitely were those days when he would just glare at me when i would try and get him to do something, but it was just the most hilarious thing!
ANYWAY!
So all my jobs are definitely keeping me busy...and to top it all off there's school! and it is already kickin my butt! ohhh man...i have my foundations in early childhood education on tuesdays from 4:40-9:30 and then my technology in early childhood education on thursdays from 4:40-9:30. Both are 8 week classes...and then i have another set of 8 week classes for the second half of the semester that are the same days and times. Then i have an online class, and my internship! i am so excited about my internship that i got...it's with the herberger college at asu, basically i will be an assistant in dance/music classes and it's going to be so much fun!
Well...sorry this blog is a little lengthy and with no pictures...but i promise my next blog will be a lot better with lots of pictures! This is basically just an update on what i am doing with my life right now!!

2 comments:

Anais and Chad said...

You go girl...that is why I love you! Haha! Make sure you blog about our dance party appearances and the 3-hours we spend trying to find something to wear! haha jk!

<3 Anais

Keri said...

I <3 you. C'est fin.