Thursday, October 21, 2010

flood.

oh boy.
let me tell you all how great this day has been.

alison and i got up around the same time,
alison has a bathroom downstairs,
toilet in bathroom overflowed,
leaving a good half inch of water covering the floor.
nbd, right?

wrong!!

this "little" bit of water
soon turned into a good inch and a half-two inches by 5pm
i was chillin in my room after a long day
ali gets home and FREAKS
runs in my room
"THE downstairs is FLOOOODEDDDD!!!!"
we both run down there and...
well it def was flooded, with little surprises as well.
absolutely.disgusting.
completely and entirely hundred percent
OVER cleaning up POOP!!
it stinks.
it stinks.
oh and it stinks.

so...i was suppose to go to a bday dinner for my ward at 7pm.
i text bro kimball,
me: uhm so my downstairs is flooded so i don't think i will make it to the bday dinner anymore
bro k: Dang! do you need my mop/help?
me: Do you know anything about plumbing?

text convo led to a phone call...
hour later after the bday dinner was over
bro kimball and bro hubbard show up
what awesome counselors in the bishopric.

meanwhile--before they show up, this is what the laundry room/bathroom is looking like...

this is after alison and i have used every towel we have,
every washcloth we have,
5 rolls of paper towels,
and about 20 shirts.
still.lotsa.water.

ps...water pump only works if there is at least 4 in of water.

SO...bro kimball and bro hubbard show up and do some work...
they went h-core at it.
unfortunately the problem was not the toilet.
but the sewer.

my friend jarrett was super nice and brought a big vac
sucked up all the water.
it was disgusting.
plumber comes tomorrow morning to see what the deal is with the sewer.

i just want this day to be over.
did i mention this process went on for 6 hours until everything was clean?
oh yes..its true.

*one of the reason why bro kimball is one of my favorites...
me: thanks for coming over and helping!!
bro k: yours welcome. we missed you at dinner. sorry your luck was so "crappy".

i'm trying to figure out if this was goin with the many comments that went on while plunging,
or meaning SOL.
either way, made me smile.

confession: never dealt with a flood before
learning experience: yes
fun: no.

goodnight. hope tomorrow is a better day.

2 comments:

Kat said...

oh my goodness, that stinks! hope it gets fixed asap so you don't have to deal with that anymore...

Craig + Keri Ford said...

Woman you are an incredible blogger again.

And about the flood. Definitely you were SOL. Haha.