Tuesday, July 12, 2011

{story time}

In the past couple days I've told this story it feels like a bazillion times and each time I remember something different that happened...so now that it's germinated in my mind, I will tell the blogging world! And give some background of our story..ps this is a long post and I think its more for me to remember everything ha ha. so if you just want to skip down to the bottom where it says proposal, that's fine with me :)

A week long trip to Lake Powell did me good...(yes, I'm a school teacher) It gave me time to think a LOT about where my life was heading and to just have fun. I was kind of in a funny spot...just graduated, not really dating anyone, and had many many possibilities. I felt like I just didn't really have any direction. I even thought about moving away to Texas to teach there...little did I know that my ENTIRE life would fall into place sooo perfectly within a few short days of returning. The Monday we set off on the lake I had a phone interview with Centennial Elementary in Higley Unified School District...I was super nervous. I wasn't prepared to have an interview my first day on the lake, but it went really well and the principal said she would give me a call to come in the next week. Powell flew by wayyyy too fast, and before I knew it we were headed home on Sunday the 12th. I had a voicemail from Debbie (principal) saying she wanted me to come in for an interview Monday morning. The interview went great! but I was the very first one they interviewed and she said they had interviews all day until 2 and they would let me know by Friday, so I was trying to not get my hopes up. Well, I get a call from Debbie at about 2:30 asking if I wanted full time or part time! I got the job! And of course I went with full time. So that settled me a little and I was so happy to have secured a job at a really good school so quickly after graduating.

Okay now for the good part! Well not that getting a job wasn't a good part...but that's the temporary part.

That same day was potluck for FHE in my ward, which i'm in charge of...so I had to get all ready for that. Surprisingly--it's summer-- there were a lot of people there, with a lot of new faces. I had only been gone a week so I was curious who all the new people were. After I ate some food I went and visited at another table where there were at least 2 new boys sitting...turned out to be Logan Rogers and Travis Gibson from Snowflake. Now, you have to understand that I was immediately curious just because Marcie and I know a few people from that area...turns out we knew some of the same people so we had some things to talk about. They both seemed like nice guys..but I didn't really think too much of it. They were really nice guys and helped me clean up FHE (brownie points from the beginning) and we practiced volleyball after and they seemed like really fun guys. The next night (Tuesday) we were on the same team to play volleyball...so Tuesday night rolls around and I wasn't sure why, but I was really curious to see if Logan would come..and he did. We kinda talked throughout the game and flirted, nothin serious, but we left at the same time so we got to talk more. As we were walking out to the parking lot he was saying that we should hang out so I was told him he should come slack lining with me...obviously he didn't really know what that was but he said it sounded fun but he had to wake up really early...so he got my number and said we should do something the next day. I told him I would text him when I got off work. So Wednesday afternoon I get done babysitting and I text Logan and we start chatting and what not, then he asks if I still want to do something and I was all for it...then he goes, well my dad is in town and wants to go to dinner, want to come? My first reaction was...hmm that's kinda weird-our first time hanging out and its dinner with your dad? but then I just thought what the heck. So he came and picked me up, then we picked up his dad and went to TX Roadhouse...one of my favs, along with theirs! I had SOO much fun with them...I highly recommend going on your first date with their dad...I learned a lot about Logan that I probably wouldn't have learned had his dad not been there. Logan doesn't really like to talk about himself, but his dad sure does! And let me tell you, he has every right to brag about his amazing son! We had a really good time together, and I will never forgot all the thoughts that were running through my mind...I felt so comfortable around Logan...and I had only known him 2 days. His dad was already inviting me to the big 4th of July celebration in Snowflake...ha. Well after dinner, we dropped his dad off and Logan and I went country dancing. He doesn't really know how to dance, and I've been quite a few times...hands down it was the best time I've had there. I could not stop laughing and smiling. By the end of the night my face seriously hurt from smiling so much. and.i.loved.it. My hearts beating fast right now just thinking about that night all over again..it was a perfect first date, neither of us wanted it to end. He kissed me, sparks flew, and I was seriously falling for him from ever since that night. The next morning I text keri and told her I was in love...I wasn't 100% sure...but I knew it was something. Thursday he came and saw me and his heart was beating so face I'm surprised it stayed inside his chest. It was so stinkin cute. We went and ate at Costa Vida, bought stuff to make pazookies at Walmart--along with D-back shirts, and came back to my house to watch a movie. We were both too full from costa to make pazookies and after the movie he took me for a ride on his motorcycle. Oh boy. We stopped on Main St. and took some pictures. It was so much fun. And I was definitely falling for him more and more. Friday we went to the Diamondbacks game with his dad, 2 sister (Brittany and Brooklyn) and his bro in law Ricky (britt's husband) ps Britt is due to have her baby any second. The game was a blast and his family was really fun. Saturday rolled around and Logan came to the movies with my family, then he and I went to a BBQ swim party with his ENTIRE family because one of his cousins is leaving on a mission. Sunday was Father's day and we spent some time with his dad...I'm pretty sure his dad saw all of this coming from our very first date. Sunday night Mandy, Jason, Alex, and Chin all came over to my house and we made pazookies...right before we were pulling up to my house Logan looks and me and says, do you think you can fall in love with someone in 6 days? And I said are you really asking me that or is that a rhetorical question? {ha ha} he said i was really asking, my response: I think you can fall in love with someone in any amount of time. And later that night after everyone left him and I talked For-Ev-ER...he told me he loved me and I said you're the one! I can't believe I found my dream guy! Well, needless to say we have seen each other every single day since.

This past Wednesday we went and looked at rings...I saw one that I really liked--it was the closest to the idea in my head, but we left there kinda with just the attitude of we'll keep looking and what not. So I didn't think getting engaged was really happening that soon. Well, turns out on Thursday while I was at work he went and bought the ring, he picked out the diamond, Friday he talked to my dad, and Saturrrrrday was the big day!

Proposal: Logan worked all day and I was waiting for him to get done so we could go to the river with everyone. He ended up getting done a little later than he was suppose to. We were on the way to the river and he goes what time are we getting back? and said he needed to be back by 7 and I was like why do you need to be back by 7 and Travis covered him and said the store he had to get parts from for his truck closed then. So he made up this story that he needed to help travis fix some stuff on his truck. He took me to Olive Garden for dinner, and when he was suppose to be fixing Travis' truck, he was actually picking up my ring, a big bouquet of roses, and talking to the manager at Olive Garden. I had NO clue this was all coming. It was a complete surprise. We ate dinner and then were going to get dessert when all of a sudden this cake gets set right in front of me with a HUGE ring on top! and a big bouquet of roses followed. I was in shock...my face said it all. {wish we would've gotten a pic} Any way so after about a min of me freaking out and almost crying he comes over and gets down on one knee and says, "Kenz, will you marry me? i'm really nervous..." I kissed him and said YES!! I couldn't be happier! he was so nervous, and so cute. he sat down by me and was just trying to calm down and then I go, "Are you gonna put that on my finger?" ha ha. his poor hands were shaking so bad. ahhh but it was so cute and so perfect and i was so surprised. I know I've said it a million times, but I seriously couldn't be happier and he could see how happy it made me. After eating some cake, we went over to my parents to share the news!! :) did I mention that i LOOOOVE my ring? It's gorgeous...he did such a good job, but i LOVE him way more <3




8 comments:

Craig + Keri Ford said...

Stop making me cry.

marcie said...

wooo woooo! I agree with keri I already cried so much yesterday I was finally doing good today, until now.

The Adairs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Natalie said...

so happy for you kenz! So exciting. I better be getting an invitation!

Anais and Chad said...

Kenz...I seriously started to get teared up while I was reading this. And those 2 T Swift songs playing in the background were only provoking the tears...thanks a lot!! haha, but honestly I can't even tell you how happy I am for you and how happy I am that you found the love of your life! I would have to fully agree that a person can fall in love in any amount of time...I'm so excited this is all happening for you! Chad and I were talking about how you would seriously be the funnest, cutest wife ever! Anyway, I miss you, love you, CONGRATS again and I can't wait to see you!

Kori said...

Such a great story! I LOVE it! Congratulations! You make a great couple and your ring is gorgeous...

Tyson and Kaci said...

WEeeeee what a fun story! Congrats Baby!!!! Love u!
KACI AND Ty

Michelle said...

Love love love!!! And I am so incredibly happy for you!